SecurAcath® is the only Subcutaneous Engineered Stabilisation Device (ESD) that meets the 2016 Infusion Therapy Standards of Practice.
SecurAcath® provides improved catheter securement, which reduces complications and total cost of patient care
SecurAcath offers significant cost savings compared to adhesive stabilization devices and sutures. Sutures and adhesive devices often have many additional costs not immediately realized such as: catheter dislodgement, migration, line repositioning, maintenance time, infections and needle stick complications.
Decreased Catheter Movement or Migration
- Catheter movement at the insertion site can introduce bacteria beneath the skin
- Improved stability may promote healing at insertion site which acts as a natural barrier to infection
- May reduce phlebitis, thrombosis and infection
- Snaps on in seconds, much faster than adhesive devices or sutures
- Secures for the life of the line with just one device
- Saves nursing time during weekly dressing changes
- Allows for easy catheter re-positioning
360 Degree Site Cleaning While Secured
- Excellent cleaning access around the entire insertion site
- Catheter remains stable and secure during cleaning
- Improved stability and cleaning may help reduce infections
SecurAcath – Life of Line Brochure – SAC1003